Fall is here – next comes winter – plan ahead and get away to Costa Rica!
Some parts of Canada have been lucky this year, as the fall is feeling more like summer! But we all know that luck can only go so far, and soon enough we’ll all be bundling up to battle the icy winter winds. Don’t wait until the spring rolls around to feel the warm weather again! Find out why Costa Rica has something for everyone, and is the perfect winter getaway for Canadians.
Whether your idea of the perfect vacation involves zip-lining through the rainforest, surfing the tallest wave, climbing an active volcano, exploring a world of exotic wildlife or simply relaxing and soaking up the sun on the beach, Costa Rica is the place for you. And at only a 5-hour flight from Toronto, it’s just about the closest piece of paradise you can find. It would be nearly impossible to name all the best places to see, so we’ve broken it down into what we consider to be the top five:
1) Manuel Antonio National Park – This is the most visited national park in the country, and with a sense of truly untouched natural beauty, its easy to see why. Teeming with wildlife around every corner of its rich tropical forest, and boasting some of the most pristine beaches in the country, Manuel Antonio is a definite must-see.
2) Tamarindo – As one of the most developed areas in the country, Tamarindo offers a wide variety of choice in terms of places to stay and things to do that there is sure to be something to suit everyone! Tons of activities including kayaking, jet skiing, snorkeling, swimming, surfing and much more, this laidback coastal town is always a good time!
3) Tambor – This tranquil town is nestled in Ballena Bay (Whale Bay) on the Nicoya Peninsula. As the name suggests, one of the major attractions of the area is the migration of the whales from the north to give birth, a truly awe-inspiring natural wonder that you can’t find anywhere else.
4) Dominical - Often referred to as Costa Rica’s “surfer’s paradise”, Dominical is a small, charming town, attracting surfers from all over the world. With seemingly endless stretches of white sandy beaches, and nearly perfect weather all year long, it’s easy to see why this is a destination of choice!
5) Arenal – As Costa Rica’s most active volcano, Arenal is a completely breathtaking natural wonder. Often treating visitors to a spectacular show of smoke and lava, it is a something that you really must see for yourself.
Don’t wait until the last minute to book your escape from winter! There are a ton of special offers and exclusive deals going on right now that you don’t want to miss out on. At Costa Rica Estates, we can tell you everything you need to know, and provide you with all that you need to enjoy winter in the tropics this year!